The Barnet Vale Festival on Sunday 25th June is a free drop-in community event at the superb but dilapidated art deco pavilion in Tudor Park, Barnet EN5. It is organised by The Friends of Tudor Park and Pavilion (FoTPP), a group aiming to refurbish the pavilion as a new multi-functional hub for the community; and is a Barnet Society project.
Following the success of last year's Picnic in the Park, FoTPP have organised a festival day to bring together and celebrate the local community.
Put Sunday 25th June in your diary for a day of live music, talks, stalls from local food vendors, an eco "show and tell" and fun for all the family. Festival displays and workshops include:
- Children’s activities: making models, pavilion drawing, face-painting and treasure trail
- Your opportunity to learn about the pavilion’s past and suggest what it could become
- The Flower Bank: growing your own veg
- Incredible Edible: you won’t believe what you can eat
- Pavilion memories: local people record their stories
Talks will run from 12pm to 4pm* and include:
- 12pm: Welcome by Simon Cohen, Chair of FoTPP
- 12.30pm: History of Tudor Park Pavilion by Dr Susan Skedd, architectural historian
- 1pm: Enhancing the buildings and green spaces of Barnet, by Robin Bishop RIBA, Barnet Society
- 2pm: New uses for the Pavilion, by Simon Kaufman RIBA
- 2.30pm: Regenerating Tudor Park, by Katy Staton LI
- 3pm: Community Q&A – Regeneration of Tudor Park
* Timing of talks subject to change
The festival is part of the London Festival of Architecture, and is also supported by Friends of the Earth and The Barnet Society. We are grateful for a grant from Barnet Council.
- The Barnet Vale Festival: Sunday 25th June from 11am to 4pm
- At Tudor Sports Ground, Clifford Road, EN5
- Please walk or travel by public transport if possible: parking is limited
For more information:
- Find out more at: https://www.facebook.com/events/637949454428315.
- Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fotpp
- Website: https://fotpp.org.uk/
To support the pavilion project directly, go to FoTPP’s JustGiving donations page at https://checkout.justgiving.com/c/3434643.