The Barnet Society is an association of residents united by an interest in our town, our history, our open spaces, our buildings and facilities and our local culture.
Membership is for all local residents who care about the area in which we live. By acting together we can preserve the best of what we have and influence the changes that occur in the life of our vibrant community.
Our constitution requires us to:
- protect the surrounding Green Belt
- foster a lively interest in the town
- call attention and reflect public opinion to new developments
- initiate our own proposals for the enhancement of our local environment and amenities
- encourage local cultural interests
- The degree to which you involve yourself is entirely up to you - as much or as little as you like, it’s your choice.
Members receive 3 Newsletters and an Annual Report each year and have access to the programme of meetings, talks, walks and other events.
If you have time, there are many ways you can help. If not, just come along to our events, read our Newsletters or just enjoy finding out more about the fascinating area you live in.
Membership is £8 per person per year or £12 for a household. Become a member online now. It's easy and quick.
But if you prefer, download the membership form and post it to us with your cheque
The Society is managed by volunteers for the benefit of the local community and is solely dependant on membership fees and donations. If you are able to donate you can do so here.
Help Campaign for a Better Barnet.